Check it out: Today’s top equipment and supplies trends
In 2022, we’re focusing on looking forward, generating fresh ideas and re-thinking how today’s kitchens operate. As you assess your operation’s equipment and supplies, we want to help you identify opportunities to maximize efficiency, meet consumer preferences and stay nimble.
The NAFEM Show 2023 is your opportunity to explore foodservice equipment and supplies – and much more – all under one roof. See these top trends for yourself to find the solutions that work best for you.
- Look for equipment that can do double duty, such as high-quality food processors and blenders that are proven masters of various speeds.
- Toggle between convection and steam cooking using combi-ovens that boost quality while reducing an overall equipment footprint.
Waste not, want not
- Choose dishwashers with dual-rinse zones for superior results and use less energy and water.
- Scan your equipment for older models that lack efficiency and check the specs in favor of models with energy-saving attributes.
- Stretch holding times without sacrificing quality with technology such as pulse heating or humidifying
Treat freshness with care
- Plan for more time and space for prep as diners seem to be making the shift toward better-for-you options packed with fresh ingredients.
- Inhibit bacterial growth and spoilage with compact blast chillers that fit right inside your walk in – some even feature smart technology like programmable temperature settings.
Consumer-driven trend developments
- Explore equipment and solutions to help you fulfill dietary trends from plant-based proteins to paleo.
- Learn more about keeping customers with allergies and food sensitivities safe through better management, labeling strategies and careful equipment improvements.
Thrive through adaptation
Several creative and nimble solutions that emerged during the pandemic will remain relevant as consumer expectations evolve, including:
- Aesthetically pleasing display cases for a wider variety of fresh-prepped grab-and-go items.
- Temperature-controlled food lockers.
- Ordering kiosks with high-tech features.
Serve all customers, both on site and at home
The popularity of delivery apps will continue, particularly among Millennial and Gen Z diners. These tips can help balance the needs of on-premise and off-premise customers:
- Carve out a designated pick-up area for delivery drivers and other patrons.
- Install space-saving hot- and cold-holding units in underutilized spaces under bars and counters.
- Consider keeping a slimmer menu for takeaway/delivery to take the pressure off the kitchen.
Be at the center of it all – at The NAFEM Show
The NAFEM Show is the one place where you’ll have access to the industry’s leading foodservice equipment and supplies manufacturers. Find solutions and make connections that will set your operation up for success, now and in the future.
Register to attend The NAFEM Show, Feb. 1 – 3, 2023, at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla., USA.
Don’t miss valuable
resources and show news